REDUCED RISK OF THERMAL RUNAWAY
Our patented 3D cell architecture also provides several features that, collectively, significantly reduce the risk of thermal runaway.
- A high-capacity silicon anode reduces the risk of lithium plating during overcharge conditions.
- A ceramic separator tolerates much higher temperatures than the polymeric separators used in conventional Li-ion cells.
- Internal shorting protection from 3D structure.
- Walled off cathode segments limit propagation of material breakdown.
- High thermal dissipation due to vertically oriented current collectors and high silicon content reduces local hot spots.