Enovix is seeking a test engineer for the development and scale up of a battery line in Fremont, CA. The test engineer will be responsible for planning, testing, analysis, reporting, troubleshooting and expanding test capacity from R&D to pilot line and full production.
- Analyze and report on standard device performance and yield trends.
- Troubleshoot failing parts and determine the next steps of electrical and physical characterization.
- Improve how we test parts by carefully planning and executing experiments targeted at company needs.
- Expand testing capacity as the company grows from an R&D line to a pilot line to a production line.
- Audit and improve the accuracy and precision of all of the test lab outputs.
- Program the testers to turn high-level test ideas into executable recipes that operators can run.
- Maintain tester uptime, safety, and capacity in partnership with vendors and the maintenance group.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in materials science, chemical engineering, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering or related discipline (advanced degree a plus).
- Strong fundamentals of mathematics, statistics, physics and chemistry.
- Knowledge of the physics and chemistry of batteries or the ability to learn it quickly on the fly.
- Facility to analyze large data sets and extract meaningful information.
- Aptitude to complete projects in a faced-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Good judgment, sometimes with insufficient data, to determine appropriate action and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrated tolerance of ambiguity, flexibility to adapt to new situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The abilities to work well with other team members and to work independently.
- Experience in device electrical testing—battery testing is a plus.
- Experience with prototyping a process, then documenting it and handing it off for others to run.
- Programming ability—particularly with SQL and python.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced start-up company.
Enovix is building a next-generation lithium-ion battery to increase energy density and improve safety. Our patented 3D cell architecture enables a high-capacity silicon anode to increase energy density by 30% to 80%, depending on cell size. And our patented 3D cell architecture includes features that reduce the danger of explosion and fire from thermal runaway. We’re backed by strategic relationships with Intel, Qualcomm, and Cypress and over $150 million in venture, strategic, and private funding. We’ve been awarded over 50 patents and have over 50 more pending that will create sustainable enterprise value and provide a competitive barrier for years to come.