Enovix is seeking equipment engineers for the development and scale up of a battery line in Fremont, CA. Equipment engineers will be responsible for developing tooling and automation as well as specifying the equipment set for the production of our unique 3D cell architecture.
- Write equipment procurement specifications (EPS).
- Source, install, and release to production process tools.
- Design and implement customized equipment aligned with process needs.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures (PMP) and instructions.
- Support manufacturing process scale up activities.
- Respond to down tools and trouble shoot production equipment.
- Initiate continuous improvement plans for existing equipment.
- Use equipment performance data to drive improvement projects.
- Initiate statistical process controls on applicable manufacturing equipment.
- Effectively communicate and publish learning, experimental results, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic, highly creative work environment
- 5+ Years work experience, and BS or MS degree in electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering, or
- 10+ Years work experience & AA degree in electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience supporting automated manufacturing equipment.
- 5+ years of experience with battery production or automated assembly equipment.
- Strong fundamental understanding of assembly, joining, coating, and patterning processes.
- Strong fundamental understanding of automation components; PLCs, pneumatics, motors, digital and analog IO, temperature controllers, etc.
- Ability to work on many different projects—occasionally at the same time.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Enovix has built a next-generation lithium-ion battery that significantly increases energy density and maintains high cycle life. Our patented 3D cell architecture enables a high-capacity silicon anode to increase energy density by 40% to over 100%, depending on cell size. And it keeps the anode stack under high pressure to prevent silicon particle pulverization for full depth-of-charge cycle life over 600. We’re backed by strategic relationships with Intel, Qualcomm, and Cypress and over $150 million in venture, strategic, and private funding. We’ve been awarded over 70 patents and have over 40 more pending that will create sustainable enterprise value and provide a competitive barrier for years.